Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snowy dayz


Last week it thought about snowing ... nothing stuck, but it did flurry with fury all afternoon. At one point, Big Sis asked if the whole earth was a snow globe. So cute. Luckily, I had the perfect book from the Library sitting in our book drawer downstairs ... so we read a story about a family who lived in a snow globe, made our paper snowglobes (with glitter!) and they finished a writing prompt of what they would do if they lived in a snowglobe. Here are their responses:

"If I lived in a snow globe I would play in the snow a lot. And go sledding a lot. And I would not melt." ~ Big Sis.

"If I lived in a snow globe I would play and play. No nap." ~ Lil Sis.

If you're going to dream, dream big! Can we keep their creative thoughts pure?
Anyway, then we went to G-Ma's for a "Snow party!"  G-Ma gave each girl a ball of white fuzzy yarn and let them string it around the entire house, to form the largest snowflake. Then the sipped hot chocolate and nibbled cookies. Then they watched snow shows on tv. Then they transformed their largest snowflake back into yarn balls. Then we ate warm soup. Loved it!

No comments: