Friday, May 04, 2012

Proud Parents


My fam sure made me feel special on my birthday! The night before, they asked me to get lost for a bit (my pleasure! I enjoyed a bike ride and animal watching adventure) ... when I came back there was a giant cardboard wall built with a sign that said, "None shall enter until your birthday." So cute. The next morning I was instructed to break down the wall and see my b-day party. They had wrapped presents, cleaned up the living room, had a balloon -- but most of all, the kids were overflowing with excitement! I love how excited they could be for someone else's birthday!

We ate one of my favorite meals: luxury grilled cheese sandwiches. Rosemary bread and pepper jack cheese. Plus, delish salads (I truly love a good salad!) and sparkling berry juice.
Then, they got me my fave treat: a huge chocolate chip cookie from Paradise Bakery -- with the Eiffel Tower!



Another proud parent moment: Take Your Daughter to Work Day. Big Sis is officially old enough to go with Dad on this special day, and KPMG had a full agenda of fun planned from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. She toured the building, got an exclusive trip to the tip top (38th floor!), played games, had a pizza party with dad and the parents, counted lots of candy and made a board about what she wants to be when she grows up:


She'd like to live in Hawaii, eat berries, and be a ballerina teacher. (I guess I need to get her in a dance class again!).

No comments: