Monday, May 05, 2014

Skamania mania!

To celebrate the end of tax season, Alex and I scheduled a weekend getaway at Skamania Lodge.
We first went on a beautiful hike to Falls Creek Falls ... gorgeous!


I loved this big, unplugged tree - bare roots dangling.

To give an idea on size, here's Alex standing in front of those dangling roots. Crazy huh!?
Even big trees fall.

For about an hour, Alex and I tried to recreate the winning trick put that scored us tickets to the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet (delish!!) that we enjoyed at the Lodge. A few months ago he won a putting contest with an amazing shot .... so amazing, he couldn't duplicate. I'm thankful I could reap the benefits of his luck!

1 comment:

Raina said...

I haven't checked blogs in awhile, but today I am checking in and saw that you went to Skamania. What a special place! Glad you could go and relax (and hike!) Love that place!!!!