Monday, March 17, 2014

Homeschool History: Ancient China

We're studying ancient China right now - and I was seriously floored by how much these girls loved the ancient calligraphy characters. We learned the seven main strokes, and then about 5 or 6 characters - and they could spot them and write them without a second thought. Learning comes so naturally to them - I love it! I wish I knew more so I could teach them more!


Towards the end of Big Sis' writings, she did her best to tell the birth story of Jesus. She wrote the characters for woman, man, horse (we don't know donkey) then house. :) Can you see it? 
 

Next up: The Great Wall of China. 
I had no idea that they stomped on dirt until it was so compact it became as hard as concrete! Four feet of dirt to four inches of wall. Wow!

After the wall was constructed {and mom wasn't feeling well that day, so she fell asleep sitting up on the couch while the kids got it set up}, they added characters to represent the Mongols attacking the Chinese. 


And had a photo shoot .... soooo many pictures like this on my camera! ha.

No comments: