Sunday, March 09, 2014

Baptism day

 Dad baptized Big Sis in January 2014 (sorry I'm so late at blogging!). Big Sis felt excited, a little nervous and totally ready to make the baptismal covenants. She told me the water was freezing cold, but she felt warm inside after she got out. I loved watching her twinkle toes kick in the water as Alex immersed her and her little braids. 

Her yummy cake ... and 8 really is great! She's a joy to be around!


So many family members made the journey to support Big Sis in her decision to be baptized. 
Being enveloped by family and friends made the day even more special. 


Big Sis made a board about baptism and displayed it that day. She spent a lot of time writing, cutting, pasting and coloring. It reiterated what she already knew, gave a personal touch, and taught others about our beliefs.

Here she is, glowing, at the after party. 

Here's a few close ups of the board ...
the one above compares the power of the Holy Ghost with the Gift of the Holy Ghost.


I think if you click on this picture, you'll be able to read her testimony. 

Here's a comparison between Christ's baptism and her baptism.
Plus,we used her artwork as the cover of her baptismal program.

So many showered her with love and support! The baptismal room was packed to the back -it brought me to tears when leading her favorite song:
 "I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain, and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again ... I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can, and live with God again. I know when I am baptized, my wrongs are washed away. And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can, and live with God again."

1 comment:

G-Pa said...

This was such a special day for all of us!